As usual, I haven’t had the time to knit as much as I’d like, though Sanagi’s neverending stockinette is a pretty good fit with my schedule right now. I ran out of Sea Silk in the rainforest colourway (that I purchased in 2006 or 7), ordered a new skein, expecting dyelot issues. Handmaiden seems to have completely revamped rainforest, there is a lot more brown and beige in it now. I had some pink Sea Silk left over from my Haruni, and since I’m making Sanagi with 2 strands held together, I simply used one strand of pink with one strand of old rainforest for a couple of inches, let it become entirely pink for a bit then worked pink and new rainforest together until the pink ran out. I’m on the shoulder straps now, I might even finish before the new year.
I’ve finished my Cetaceans cardigan, (formerly unicorns, I couldn’t get it to fit nicely with the decreases, etc) I just have to sew on the buttons, weave in the ends and take pictures. I began some mitts for myself, with a thumb gusset. I’m kinda making them up as I go, since the only tricky part is the gusset, and it’s not terribly complicated. Or so I think. I haven’t even searched for gusset on YouTube so I could be terribly wrong.