This summer, I came up with several design ideas and I’ve been mucking about looking for the best way to bring them to life. I’ll be starting on a sleeper for my 1-year-old, knit in a cotton/acrylic blend because the wool one I made last year was just too hot. We live in a modern building in an urban area, so knitting for the decrepit country houses I grew up in is just not practical. It will be a lilac-y pink, the long sleeves will be raglan and there will be a hood. I made a rough sketch of what I was planning, then cast-on. Once I’d knitted a teeny bit of it, and I came to the astute realisation that I should write the pattern out in full, for all sizes, knit one of the sizes, and correct the mistakes in the pattern as I go.