I haven’t posted in forever, but I’ve been knitting. Steadily working on St. Enda. I should actually be done on time as long as no-one gets sick. Considering the amount of sickness this family had during December, I feel kinda confident that we’ve caught pretty much everything there is to catch this season.
This a progress shot on the sweater. I’ve finished the sleeve and I’m half-way through the back now. Once I finish the back, I just have the other sleeve, collar, sewing up, and I’m done! We are going to China for the Lunar New Year in 2 weeks, so I’ll be able to give this to my father-in-law in person. I haven’t been to China since 2009, I’m very excited about going back.
Okay, so I have one thing to admit about my St. Enda. Something blasphemous. I am knitting this sweater in acrylic yarn. A Starmore in acrylic. I feel guilty about it, but it’s not for me and I know the washing machine it will be washed in regardless of actual garment instructions. It destroyed 3 of my under-wire bras. So acrylic it is. But I feel ashamed to be using it because I really hate working with it. It is stiff, inflexible, and plasticky and I miss working with a nice yarn made of non-plastic fibres. My only way out is to finish this, I guess. The pattern is quite simple, but there are some mistakes, as in stop at row 28 for neck shaping, then the next line instructs you to continue from row 19, etc… It’s pretty easy to figure out that I should stop at row 18. As long as you read through the pattern thoroughly before knitting it should all work out. (I hope!!).