I have been trying to knit Fjorgyn Jacket pattern for years, but I’ve never actually finished any of those projects. Until now. I am not very tall, so I haven’t ever followed the instructions for the body in all the iterations of this pattern I’ve knit. I started to make a slimmed down version of the jacket with the Rowanspun Chunky back in 2013 but I put it aside when I began to sense that I didn’t have enough yarn to finish it. But I loved the way the cables popped with the yarn. What to do. What to do.
I knit Idlewood back in 2011 using Blue Moon Fiber Arts Lucious Single Silk, and wanted another tunic.
And so Idlewood Fjorgyn was born. I simply placed the cable pattern from the Fjorgyn jacket in the middle of the tunic body, went a size up to account for the cables narrowing my fabric, and voila.
I really love how it turned out, and I love wearing it. The only problem I have is getting the cowl to fit inside my winter jacket when I zip it up. But spring is finally here so no worries.